Offline Problems with the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e
- Follow the guidelines to assist in removing the issue from the printer and allowing it to begin functioning again.
- Power up the printer and check if the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e model has been set as the default printer.
- If the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e is offline, the printer may not be set as the default printer.
- Open the Windows device’s control panel and select Printers & Scanners to make the change.
- The printer HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e will also be available from the list of printers connected to the device.
- Select the printer and choose Manage which will be redirected to other options.
- Select “Set as default,” and you will apply the changes simultaneously.
Windows 7, 8
- These steps will assist in the process of removing the issue with the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer, as it has not been set as the default printer.
- Click on the Windows button and choose the control panel. This will redirect to other options. Choose Printers & Scanners.
- All the devices attached to the Windows 7 or Windows 8 device will appear on the screen.
- The HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e will appear in greyscale, indicating the printer is offline.
- Select the printer and right-click for more options.
- Select “Set as Default” printer and apply the changes.
Complete the steps to make changes with the Mac device when the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer indicates it is offline.
- The first process is to restart all the devices connected to the printer and the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e.
- Turn off the printer by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds.
- Move over to the device and shut it down and press and hold the power button on the wifi router until it switches off.
- Allow all the devices to remain turned off for a few minutes and turn it back on.
- Give the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e, device and the wifi router time to power up.
- Move over to the device, select System Preference followed by Printers & Scanners.
- The list of printers that are connected will be made available on the screen.
- Choose the printer – HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e from the list. Check if the printer is available to connect.
- One of the reasons the printer is not connected to the device is the network issue.
- Ensure there is an active wireless connection and connect the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer.
- If the printer still shows offline error, try to reinstall the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e Driver.
Error Scanner HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e
When it comes to the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e scanner failing to function, there are two reasons. It is a network issue or a driver issue.
- Power up the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e and the device.
- Ensure there is an active wireless connection that the printer and the device are connected to.
- Check if the wireless connection is stable with a sufficient speed to connect.
- The printer and the device should be connected to the same wireless connection to avoid connectivity issues.
- If there is an alternate wireless connection, connect the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e.
- Move over to the device and check if the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer drives must be updated.
- If it does, complete it at once. If the problem persists, then the printer driver has to be uninstalled.
- Following this, open the HP support page to download and install the driver.
Complete the process by installing the driver. After that, the issue should no longer prevail.
Follow the steps for guidance to remove the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e scanner issue and get it back to functioning normally.
- Two main reasons behind the issue of the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e not scanning is the wireless network connection and the driver issue.
- Remove the power cord from the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer while still powered up.
- This will allow the printer to reset and automatically be powered up.
- Check the wireless connection. Ensure the printer and the device are connected to the same wireless network.
- Check the printer drivers. Ensure that it is updated. Complete the update process.
- If the issue persists, uninstall the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer and reinstall it.
Get in touch with our technical team when you face any issue with your new 123.hp.com/setup and installation. Contact us for assistance with downloading and installing printer drivers in a matter of minutes.
HP Officejet Pro 9025e printer driver unavailable
Follow the steps listed below to resolve the printer driver problem at ease:
- First, check if your PC is active and running with an updated OS.
- Next, go to the devices and printers menu to find your HP Officejet Pro 9025e printer.
- Right-click on your printer model and navigate to the firmware section.
- Select all the outdated drivers and tap on the uninstall button.
- Click yes to delete all the drivers and also remove your printer.
- Now, reboot your PC and go to a secure web browser on your PC.
- Find the support page of an official HP website and enter your printer model.
- Click on the driver menu to download and install the latest Officejet Pro driver.
- Now, go to the devices menu to add your HP Oj Pro 9025e printer to the PC.
- Assign a test print task to check if the 123 hp Oj Pro 9025e driver is compatible.
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e won’t connect to wifi
- Initiate the process by first powering up the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer.
- Ensure the wireless connection is stable, and the printer and device are connected to the same network.
- Check the connection as it should work at a stable speed. Complete a speed check to make sure.
- Check if the wifi router is compatible with the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer.
- Restart the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer and connect it back.
- Move over to the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e and choose the wireless icon.
- Select the Settings option and choose the wireless setup wizard.
- A list of wireless networks will appear on the printer’s display.
- Enter the wifi credentials, and the connection will be established.
Print Jobs Are Stuck in the Queue
Windows 10- Delete job files and restart
There are times the documents are corrupted when prints are sent to the printer. Follow the steps below to remove the pending printer files and continue printing.
- Locate the printer icon on the device. It can be located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click on the icon which will open a pop-up screen with all the current print jobs.
- Select all the print jobs and proceed to remove them.
- Delete the current jobs and restart the printer.
- Power up the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e after making the changes and continue to use the printer.
Mac – Restart the router and printer
- Before proceeding further make sure all the files are saved and closed. Proceed further once the first step is completed.
- Follow the instructions given below and complete the process.
- While the printer is powered up remove the power cord while it is still turned on.
- Allow it to stay for a few minutes and then connect it back to the printer.
- The printer will restart voluntarily. Restart the wifi router.
- Allow it to remain turned off for a few minutes.
- Connect it back and connect the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e to the wifi connection.
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer can only print in black and white
Check for driver issue
- This is an issue because of the driver. The driver should be updated or reinstalled.
- To update the driver through the control panel and right-click to update the driver.
- If the problem remains even after the update is complete, the driver has to be reinstalled.
- Uninstall the printer driver for the device and restart it.
- Open a suitable browser and key in the details of the HP support website.
- Enter the details of the printer and complete the download and the installation of the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025e printer driver.