HP Officejet Pro 8740 Offline issue
- Turn ON your Windows PC and select the Windows start icon. Tap to the Devices menu > Devices and Printers option.
- Go to the Printers menu and search for your desired HP Oj Pro 8740 printer.
- Then, right-click on the printer and bring it to the default to proceed next.
- Try to enable the Windows PC to manage your printer and give Yes to confirm.
- Next, reboot the printer and inspect whether the printer has turned default. Proceed with the print using the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer.
Windows 7, 8
- Don’t try to change the default printer settings. Let it be as per the recommendation and your regular printer model.
- You need to set the default driver as the installed driver to proceed next.
- Inspect whether the HP Oj Pro 8740 printer is active and not offline.
- Proceed using the devices menu > printer icon to choose your desired printer.
- Bring your printer to the default printer and reboot your Oj Pro printer.
- Finally, you need to assign the print task and check whether the printer is active/online.
- Initially, you have to reboot the MAC PC and wait for your MAC PC to turn active.
- Ensure with the network connection on which the printer is connected is stable or not.
- Then, reboot the wireless router and keep it nearby the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer.
- Try to disable the network settings of the router and unplug the power cord.
- Use the power button to turn OFF the router and wait atleast 10 seconds to reconnect the power cord.
- Inspect whether the network signal is active and reboot your MAC PC once.
- Operate using the System preferences menu from the Apple icon.
- Select the Printers and scanners to receive the list of available printer names.
- Choose the desired printer and tap to view the print queue.
- Insists to stop the troubleshooting and move on with the given on-screen steps to add your printer.
- Configure the printer to Wi-Fi and attempt for sample print work.
- If still, you face offline issues, you can reinstall the latest HP Officejet Pro 8740 driver file.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 scanning error
- Inspect whether the printer is free from all the software and connectivity issues.
- Look whether the network stability and online status of the printer proceeding with print work.
- If you see an unstable network, reboot the router and connect the printer to it.
- Then, track the given on-screen steps to make the Wi-Fi connectivity active.
- Utilize the settings menu > wireless test report.
- Tap to the print report and select the wireless network report to receive the files.
- Alternatively, use the Wi-Fi button to inspect the network status and activeness.
- Finally, you need to press the Wi-Fi and information button to obtain the Wi-Fi report.
- Switch ON your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer and your MAC PC first.
- Once you notice any error message on the PC display, turn OFF your MAC.
- Power Off your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer by removing the power cords from its ports.
- Then, attempt to reboot MAC and relax until the MAC PC turns online & active.
- Try to reconnect the power cord and get your HP Oj Pro printer activated.
- Do assign the scan task using your MAC PC interface to the printer.
- Select the desired document and keep it on the cleaned scanner glass facing upwards.
- Try to do all the necessary scan settings and select the format and scan destination.
- Confirm with the scan button and finish the scanning work without any issue.
Get in touch with our technical team when you face any issue with your new 123.hp.com/setup and installation. Contact us for assistance with downloading and installing printer drivers in a matter of minutes.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer driver unavailable
- Initially, you have to reboot the PC and use the Programs and features menu.
- Try to select your HP Oj Pro printer model and hit the uninstall button.
- On the next page, use the Devices and Printers option to get the related printers.
- Locate your printer’s name and right-click on your printer model to choose to uninstall/remove button.
- Hit the printer driver button and wait for the required printer driver.
- Prefer the driver that you want to delete and hit the uninstall button.
- Give yes to confirm the process and relax until the driver gets uninstalled.
- Further, you need to restart the PC and use the Devices menu to pick add menu.
- Select your desired Oj Pro 8740 printer model and register it to your PC to print.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer won’t connect to WiFi
- Initially, look at whether the Oj Pro 8740 printer, PC, and router are in an active state.
- Next, connect your smartphone or PC using the same Wi-Fi as your printer.
- Inspect whether the smartphone and PC are compatible with the Oj Pro 8740 printer.
- Arrange your printer by completing the ink cartridge installation.
- At the same time, load the quality or recommended paper sheets to the input paper tray.
- Then, keep your printer nearby the router and check whether they have any WPS buttons.
- If found, press the WPS button on the printer and select the WPS button on the router.
- Next, install the HP Smart App and register the printer to Wi-Fi at ease.
- Do assign the print task and start the print work using the Oj Pro 8740 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Print Jobs Stuck in Queue
Windows 10- Delete job files and restart
- Do assign a print task to get an auto-generation of files on your Windows PC.
- Try to delete all the print jobs if the generated file has any issues.
- You need to save the ongoing works and you need to reboot the printer & PC.
- Utilize the start menu > printer icon to pick your devices.
- Tap to the printer spooler menu > reboot option.
- You need to wait for the PC to get idle and start printing the file
MAC – Restart the router and printer
- First, eradicate the power cord or hit the power button to turn OFF the router.
- Try to disconnect all the USB cables from your printer and turn off your printer.
- Now, restart your printer and reconnect the USB/Ethernet cable.
- Try to reconnect the power cord to the router and turn it on the router.
- If you happen to see whether it shows any buffers and configure the printer to the router.
- Select the document assign the print task and continue
HP Officejet Pro 8740 Printer can only print black
Check for driver issue
- Check whether the HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer is an all-in-one printer device.
- Receive the color copy or a self-test report via the steps below.
- Hit the settings menu once you turn off the Oj Pro printer.
- Make use of the setup menu > tools > reports menu to proceed.
- Take the test quality report menu and carry out the given screen guidelines below.
- Prefer your desired HP Oj Pro printer model and hit the print test quality menu.
- Or else, use the quality report using the HP Smart App by registering your printer.
- Finally, make sure the HP printer hardware is proper to proceed next.
- Else, print a quality report from the HP Smart App by choosing your printer.
- Check if your printer quality is up to the mark and continue to print.