HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer is suitable for faxing. However, sometimes it might show some problems such as being unable to send or receive faxes, error messages, low-quality fax, calls getting interrupted by fax tones, and much more.
Now, here we are discussing the solutions for some of the most common fax issues with the HP Officejet pro 8610 printer.
Unable to send faxes
Here are the instructions to resolve the problem – unable to send faxes.
- Print a fax test report
- Access the OJ Pro 8610 printer control panel.
- Choose the option- Run Fax Test in the Setup menu.
- Check the report to see if any tests fail.
- Then, use the on-screen procedure and resolve the problem.
- Redial the number and modify the settings
- Redial the fax number manually.
- Then, lower the speed of the fax and activate the error correction mode.
- Try sending the fax in black and white & ensure the dialing type (pulse or tone).
- Finally, enable the error reporting.
- Check the fax connection
- Make a call to the fax number via phone.
- Then, check and ensure that the fax cords are in the appropriate ports.
- Now, make a connection between the phone and the wall port.
- Make a call and make use of the fax cord that came with the OJ Pro printer.
- Finally, disconnect all the other devices from your telephone line.
- HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer resetting
- Take out the battery if it is rechargeable.
- Remove the USB cable from the HP 8610 printer.
- Then, remove the USB cable from the electric port.
- Now, wait for some time and plug in the USB cable to the printer.
- Plugin another end of the USB cable into the electric port.
- Activate the electric port and HP 8610 printer & finish the reset process.
Now, if you have any queries regarding this, contact us.
Low Quality Fax
If the HP printer is proving low-quality fax, then resolve it using the steps below:
- Firstly, print a page to ensure the printer has an issue with fax and not with print.
- Then, clean the HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer scanner parts.
- Unplug the power cord from the HP printer and wall port.
- Now, wait for 60 seconds and plug in the power cord to the wall port.
- Then, connect the power cord to the OJ Pro printer.
- Activate the wall port and HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer.
- After that, reduce the fax speed and activate the Error Correction Mode.
- Finally, upgrade the firmware of your HP printer and try to fax.
Still, if the fax quality is not good, call our expert team.