HP Officejet Pro 6978 Offline issue
- Turn ON the printer and inspect whether the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 model has been under -set as the default printer.
- When you see the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 is offline, the printer might not be under set as the default printer.
- Access using the Windows device’s control panel and choose Printers & Scanners to make the change.
- You will get the list of printer names to select and pick the desired HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 from it.
- Choose the printer > Manage which will be redirected to other options.
- Finalize with the Set as default, and do select apply option to save the changes simultaneously.
Windows 7, 8
- If your printer is not under the set as a default printer option, use the below steps.
- Tap the Windows button and connect through the control panel. You will be redirected to other options. Here, pick the Printers & Scanners.
- Now, all the devices will be added to the Windows 7 or Windows 8 device on your screen.
- Look whether the HP Officejet Pro 6978 appears in greyscale, which shows the printer is offline.
- Prefer the desired printer and right-click for more options.
- Finalize with the option- “Set as Default” printer and save & apply the changes.
- Initially, you need to restart all the devices connected to the printer and the HP Officejet Pro 6978.
- Switch ON the printer by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds.
- Access through the device and shut it down and try to press & hold the power button on the Wi-Fi router until it switches off.
- Permit the devices to stay on off status for a few minutes and turn it ON.
- Provide the HP Officejet Pro 6978, device, and the Wi-Fi router time to settle active.
- Connect through the device settings to pick the System Preference > Printers & Scanners.
- From the shown list of printers that are connected which is shown on the screen.
- Prefer the desired printer – HP Officejet Pro 6978 from the list. Make sure whether the printer is available to connect.
- It is also one of the reasons the printer is not connected to the device- it’s actually due to some network issue.
- Confirm with the active wireless connection and connect the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 scanning error
- Switch ON the HP Officejet Pro 6978 and the device.
- Make sure it is connected to the active wireless with respect to the printer and the device.
- Inspect whether the wireless connection is stable with the proper speed to connect.
- Ensure whether the printer and the device are connected to the same wireless to escape from the connectivity issues.
- If you have any other source of wireless connection, configure it through the HP Officejet Pro 6978.
- Access the device and inspect the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer drives that have done their updates.
- If needed, try to update it. If the problem still persists, then the printer driver has to be uninstalled.
- Finally, access using the HP support page to download and install the driver.
- Complete the process by installing the driver. After that, the issue should no longer prevail.
- There can be two reasons for this issue of the HP Officejet Pro 6978 not scanning is the wireless network connection and the driver issue.
- Try to remove the power cord from the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer while still powered up.
- Whereas, this can make the printer to reset and automatically be powered up.
- Now, your printer is successfully connected to the wireless connection. Make sure the printer and the device are connected using the same wireless network.
- Inspect whether there is any requirement for printer drivers. Confirm its update process and complete the update process.
- If the issue persists, uninstall the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer and reinstall it.
Get in touch with our technical team when you face any issue with your new 123.hp.com/setup and installation. Contact us for assistance with downloading and installing printer drivers in a matter of minutes.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer driver unavailable
- Initially, look at whether the connected PC is active and running with an updated OS.
- Move on with the devices and printers menu to locate the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer.
- Right-click on your active printer model and operate using the firmware section.
- Mark all the outdated drivers and hit the uninstall button.
- Hit the yes to delete all the drivers and wait until you remove your printer.
- Then, reboot your PC and access using the secure web browser on your PC.
- Move using the support page of an official HP website with the help of a printer model.
- Hit the driver menu to download and install the latest Officejet Pro driver.
- Further, access using the devices menu to add your HP Oj Pro 6978 printer to the PC.
- Select the desired document, and make a test print task to check if the 123 hp Oj Pro 6978 driver is compatible.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer won’t connect to WiFi
- Start the process by turning ON the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer.
- Check whether you have an active wireless connection for all your devices like printers and devices and under the same network.
- Inspect the connection at its stable speed. Conduct a speed check to proceed next.
- Check the compatibility of the connected wifi router with reference to the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer.
- Try to restart the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 printer and connect it back.
- Access through the HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 and select the wireless icon.
- Pick the desired Settings option > wireless setup wizard.
- Make use of the list of available wireless networks that show on the printer’s display.
- Specify the needed wifi credentials and relax until the wireless setup completes.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Print Jobs Stuck in Queue
Windows 10- Delete job files and restart
- Try to find the printer icon on the device. Whereas, it can be located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap the icon on the displayed pop-up screen reference to all the current print jobs.
- Mark all the print jobs and confirm with the remove them.
- Delete the current jobs and attempt to restart the printer.
- Turn ON the HP Officejet Pro 6978 after ensuring the changes and use the printer.
MAC – Restart the router and printer
- Ensure that all the files are saved and closed. Continue with the proper printer setup.
- Carry on with the given instructions and complete the setup procedure.
- When the printer is turned ON, try to remove the power cord when the printer is actively on.
- Permit to stay for a few minutes and check whether the printer is back to normal work.
- Try to restart both the printer and Wi-Fi router.
- Let it be turned off for a few minutes.
- Finally, configure it back and access through the HP Officejet Pro 6978 to the WIFI connection.
HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer can only print black
Check for driver issue
- This type of issue can occur due to an error on the driver. As your driver might require updated or reinstalled.
- Access through the driver using the control panel and right-click to update the driver.
- Still, the problem remains happening still the update is complete, try to reinstall the driver.
- For that, you need to uninstall the existing printer driver on your device and restart it.
- Access the secured browser using the printer key reference to the HP support website.
- Specify the details of the printer and finish the download and the installation of the HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer driver.