HP Laserjet M140we Offline issue
- Power up the HP – LaserJet M140we and the device the printer is connected to.
- Move over to the Windows device and open the Settings app.
- Open the Control Panel and choose Printers and Devices.
- From the list of printers that appear, choose HP – LaserJet M140we printer.
- Right-click on the HP – LaserJet M140we printer and select the following option.
- Click ‘Set as Default’ to ensure the printer comes back online.
- The HP – LaserJet M140we printer will be highlighted with a tick on applying this change.
- This is an indication that the printer is connected back online.
Windows 7, 8
- The HP – LaserJet M140we printer might indicate offline when added to other devices.
- Check if the HP – LaserJet M140we printer is set as the default. If this is the case, the HP – LaserJet M140we printer will not connect to the device.
- Move over to the Windows device 7 or 8 that the printer is connected to and open the Control Panel.
- Select Printers and Devices. Select the HP – LaserJet M140we printer from the list.
- Right-click on the HP – LaserJet M140we and choose Set as Default.
- Complete the process and ensure that the change has been made by taking a test.
- Begin the process by first restarting the Mac. Once it is back on, allow it to remain idle.
- Following this, check if the printer is connected to a wireless connection.
- Ensure the wireless connection is active and check if the printer and the device are on the same network.
- Move over to the Mac and choose the Apple icon from the corner of the screen.
- Choose System Preferences and select Printers.
- Click the + icon and add the printer – HP – LaserJet M140we to the Mac device.
- With this, the HP – LaserJet M140we printer will be back online.
HP Laserjet M140we scanning error
- The main reason the HP – LaserJet M140we printer indicates a scanning error is because of the driver.
- Complete a few checks to make sure the printer covers the necessities.
- Check the wifi connection. The printer should be connected to a wireless connection.
- Take a wireless network report to make sure the tissue is removed.
- Move over to the wireless menu and choose the setup icon.
- Choose Print reports and select wireless test reports.
- Check if the driver is updated. If it isn’t, then the HP LaserJet M140we driver should be updated.
- Power up the printer and check if the printer indicates an error.
- If the error is still displayed, restart the printer and the devices connected to the device.
- To restart the device, open the power option and choose restart.
- Move over to the wireless connection and press and hold down the power button.
- Move over to the printer and press and hold down the power button.
- Turn the wifi and the printer back on and proceed further.
- Check if there is an update available for the printer driver.
- Complete the final check of the HP – LaserJet M140we and continue to use the scanner.
Get in touch with our technical team when you face any issue with your new 123.hp.com/setup and installation. Contact us for assistance with downloading and installing printer drivers in a matter of minutes.
HP Laserjet M140we driver unavailable
- Power up the printer and the device.
- When there is an error about the printer driver, there could be an error with the printer driver.
- Move over to the device and complete a check to see if there is an available HP – LaserJet M140we printer driver update.
- If there is an update, ensure the update of the HP – LaserJet M140we printer is completed at once.
- Proceed further to ensure there is no internal issue with the existing driver.
- For this, uninstall the existing printer driver and download it again from the website.
- This will allow the HP – LaserJet M140we error to be removed from the printer.
HP Laserjet M140we Won’t Connect to WiFi
- Ensure the wireless connection is functioning. The printer needs to connect to the wireless connection for it to function.
- Restart the wifi router. Press and hold the power button of the wifi router and wait for all the LED lights to go off.
- Allow it to remain idle for a few minutes and connect the wireless connection back on.
- Proceed to complete a check to see if the printer and the wireless connection are connecting.
- If the printer continues to have an error, restart the printer. Remove the HP – LaserJet M140we printer’s power cord and allow it to remain idle for a few minutes.
- Turn it back on for a few minutes and then connect. Establish a connection with the printer and the wireless connection.
- Give it a few minutes, and the connection will be established.
HP Laserjet M140we Print Jobs Stuck in Queue
Windows 10- Delete job files and restart
- There could be an error when the printer is sent a print command.
- If there is an error, then the ongoing jobs should be removed from the device.
- Open the popup with the ongoing job details.
- Please select all the files and remove them by deleting them.
- Restart the printer and the device and continue using them.
MAC – Restart the router and printer
- To restart the wireless router, press and hold the router’s power button.
- Wait for all the LED lights to be turned off on the router.
- Allow it to remain idle for a few minutes.
- Move over to the printer to restart it.
- Remove the power cord and allow it to remain idle.
- After a few minutes, power up the printer and the wireless connection.