HP Envy 7640 Offline issue
If the HP 7640 printer is in offline mode, then convert it into online mode using the method shown below:
- Switch ON the Windows device and ensure it has no problem.
- Download the software- HP Print and Scan Doctor on the computer.
- Open the software setup file and continue with the on-screen procedure.
- Finish HP Print and Scan software installation and open the software.
- You will see the Start button, click on it.
- Then, choose your HP Envy 7640 printer.
- After that, run the diagnostic.
- If the HP Envy 7640 printer name is not in the device, then go to the next step.
- Select the option- My Product is not listed.
- Carry on with the wizard procedure and add your Envy printer.
- Then, go to the Printers & Scanners section on the Windows computer.
- Make sure that the “Let Windows manage my default printer” is uncheck.
- Select your Envy printer name and proceed to make it the default printing option.
- Make sure that the USB cord connections in the Envy printer have no issue.
- The HP Envy 7640 printer will convert to online mode.
Call our technical team for more information.
Sometimes the HP 7640 printer might show offline when printing with a Mac device, solve it using the method below:
- ON the Mac device and save the HP Smart App software on it.
- Install the HP Smart App software with the wizard steps and open the software.
- Select the Printer option and access the Diagnose and Fix option.
- Click on the Start option and wait until the analyzing process to over.
- Select the Apple symbol on the computer and Access the System Preferences section.
- Then, select the displayed option- Printers & Scanners.
- Choose the minus symbol shown near the Envy printer name.
- Uninstall the printer and click on the Plus icon.
- Add your Envy printer to the computer using the on-screen instructions.
- Still, if the Envy printer is not online, go to the computer.
- Move on to the System Preference option and select- Printers & Scanners.
- Right-click on the screen and select- Reset Printing.
- Choose the Reset option to continue and complete the reset process.
- Click on the Plus icon and re-add your Envy printer with the help of wizard steps.
- Ensure that the USB cord connection in the Envy printer is stable.
Call our customer support team for more guidance.
HP Envy 7640 scanning error
If your HP 7640 printer shows the problem with scan while scanning with the Windows OS, fix the problem using the below method:
- Power up the Windows operating system.
- Make sure that the Windows device has no problem.
- Then, confirm to have an internet connection on the Windows device.
- Download the software- HP Print and Scan Doctor on the Windows computer.
- Run HP Print and Scan Doctor setup file on the Windows device.
- The software installation process begins on the computer.
- Continue with the on-screen software installation process.
- Finish HP Print and Scan Doctor software installation and open it.
- After that, open HP Print and Scan Doctor and choose the Start option.
- Finally, choose your Envy printer and click- Fix Scanning.
Feel free to contact our tech support team if you need more assistance.
If the HP Envy 7640 printer shows a scanning problem while scanning from the Mac OS, solve the problem with the steps below:
- Switch ON the Mac computer and confirm it has no problem.
- Then, ensure that the Mac computer has safe internet.
- Download the software- HP Smart App on the Mac device.
- Open the software setup file on the device folder.
- The software setup process starts on the Mac device.
- Continue with the wizard steps and finish the software setup process.
- Open the software and choose the Add Printer option.
- Add your Envy printer with the on-screen steps and choose your printer.
- Then, choose the Printers option and click- Diagnose & Fix.
- Click on the Start option and wait until the troubleshooting process completes.
Contact our customer care team for more technical support.
Get in touch with our technical team when you face any issue with your new 123.hp.com/setup and installation. Contact us for assistance with downloading and installing printer drivers in a matter of minutes.
HP Envy 7640 printer driver unavailable
- At first, switch on your PC and go to the programs and features menu.
- Now, choose the devices and printers menu and open a list of compatible printers.
- Find your HP Envy 7640 printer model and right-click on it.
- Click on the remove/uninstall button to remove your printer.
- Now, choose the driver button and search for your printer driver.
- Click on your printer driver and tap on the uninstall button.
- Now, click yes to confirm and wait until the printer driver goes away.
- Now, reboot your PC and go to the devices and printers menu.
- Click on the Add button and enter your printer model to add it to your PC.
- Next, go to an 123.hp.com/setup official HP website and install the latest HP Envy 7640 Driver software.
- Connect your Envy printer to the MAC PC and print with no hassles.
HP Envy 7640 printer won’t connect to WiFi
Connecting HP Envy 7640 printer to the Wi-Fi network is not a tough job. Here are the instructions for setting up a Wi-Fi network on the HP 7640 printer.
- Turn ON your HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Ensure to have no problem with the HP 7640 printer.
- Move on to the Envy printer panel and choose the Setup option.
- Access the network setup menu on the Envy printer panel.
- Choose the wireless settings option and go for the wireless setup wizard.
- A range of Wi-Fi networks will appear on the HP 7640 printer panel.
- Choose your device Wi-Fi network and continue with the wizard steps.
- After that, when the wizard prompts, type the Wi-Fi security code.
- Proceed and finish HP Envy 7640 wireless setup process.
- Finally, print a file with HP 7640 printer to confirm the proper wireless setup.
HP Envy 7640 Print Jobs Stuck in Queue
Windows 10- Delete job files and restart
If the HP Envy 7640 print jobs stuck in queue problem exists on the Windows 10 device, solve it using the steps below:
- Firstly, make sure that the files are correctly saved and closed.
- Now, access the device keyboard and press the Windows & S keys.
- Provide “service.msc” on the search bar and proceed.
- Choose the option- Printer Spooler.
- After that, click on the option- Restart the Service.
- Wait for the process to finish.
- The problem will be properly solved and the Envy printer begins working.
If you come across the same problem again with the HP Envy 7640 printer, call us.
MAC – Restart the router and printer
If you experience a problem with the Envy printer and Wi-Fi router, then use the below steps and fix it:
- Press the power button of the Wi-Fi router and hold it until it deactivates.
- After that, disconnect the power cable from the Wi-Fi router.
- Then, press the power button of the HP Envy 7640 printer.
- Do not leave the printer power button until it gets off.
- Remove the power cable from the Wireless router.
- Wait for some time and connect the power cord to the router & Envy printer.
- Activate the HP Envy 7640 printer and wireless router.
Contact our expert team if the same problem occurs again.
HP Envy 7640 Printer can only print black
Check for driver issue
If the HP Envy 7640 printer delivers only black prints, then fix it using the steps below:
- Check the ink cartridges installed in the Envy printer and ensure that have an accurate ink level.
- If the ink level is not proper, remove the ink cartridges.
- Load new and proper ink cartridges into the Envy printer cartridge slots.
- Now, open the document you want to print.
- Click on the File menu and select the Print option.
- Make changes in the print settings and move on.
- Go to the properties section and ensure colors are accurately selected.
- If “Print in Grayscale” is clearly selected, remove the tick mark.
- Continue and try printing with HP Envy 7640 printer.
Still, if the HP Envy 7640 printer prints black color, then contact our expert team.