HP Envy 7640 is Not Printing
The printer, not printing, is one of the common problems faced by HP Envy 7640 printer users. It occurs due to several reasons, from faulty or corrupted drivers to connectivity issues. Now, if you come across this printer problem, then try resolving it using the below-explained method.
Method 1: Try Basic Troubleshooting
- Check the Envy printer properly and ensure it has no problem.
- Then, check the connection between the computer and printer.
- Make sure the connection is secure and stable.
- Now, check the power cables connected to the printer.
- Ensure the power cables have no damage and are working properly.
- If the power cables have any problem, replace them with new cords.
- After that, try printing with the HP Envy 7640 printer.
If the printer cannot print, move on to the next method.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Printer Driver
For HP Envy 7640 printer driver uninstallation and reinstallation, follow the below steps:
- Access the Windows or Mac computer connected to your printer.
- Click- Start and choose the control panel option.
- Select- Devices and Printers & uninstall the HP 7640 driver.
- After that, check the OS version of your computer.
- Search and get a suitable Envy printer driver.
- Download the setup file of the printer driver and extract it.
- Now, the HP Envy 7640 driver installation process begins.
- Follow the set of instructions on the screen and complete the process.
- Try to print with your Envy printer.
Still, if the printer is not printing, continue to the next method.
Method 3: Set your preferred printer as the default
The standard steps to set your Envy printer as the default printing option are:
- Access the computer and press the keys (Windows logo and R).
- Enter the word- control on the given search bar and continue.
- The control panel folder will open where you have to choose- Devices and Printers.
- Now, go to the printer section and choose your preferred printer.
- Right-click on your printer and select- Set as default printer.
- Choose- Yes, and you will see a tick mark below the printer icon.
- Now, start printing with HP Envy 7640 printer.
If you experience the same printing problem again, go to the next method.
Method 4: Cancel the print jobs
The procedure to check the status of your HP Envy printer is:
- Move on to the computer and go to the control panel section.
- Click- Devices and Printers and move on to the printers section.
- Now, you will see the preferred HP printer name; right-click on it.
- Access the printer menu and choose- Open As Administrator.
- Move on to the printer menu again and select- Cancel All Documents.
- Continue and complete the process.
- Finally, try printing.
If the HP 7640 printer is still not printing, then continue to the next step.
Method 5: Check the Envy printer status
- Check the printer’s ink cartridges and ensure they have proper ink levels.
- If the ink levels are inaccurate, replace them with new ones.
- Check and ensure the printer has no jammed papers.
- If the printer has jammed papers, remove them properly.
- Finally, check whether the problem is properly resolved.
If the problem still exists, then try the next method.
Method 6: Run a System Repair
The instructions to run a system repair using the Reimage software are:
- Download Reimage software on the computer and run it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the software installation.
- Open the software and choose- Yes.
- Wait until the software scan the computer. After scanning, the screen will display the issues in the computer.
- Restart the computer and check whether your printer is properly functioning.
Resolving the HP Envy 7640 printer not printing problem is a simple process. The above-explained method will help you solve the problem without any hassle. Now, if you need more clarification on this, contact us.