HP DeskJet 4155e Offline Issue
Follow the steps below that will assist in the process of removing the printer offline issue and allowing it to function effectively.
- The first step is to complete a few checks to remove the issue with the HP DeskJet 4155e.
- Open the Settings option on the Windows 10 device and open Settings to choose Printers & Scanners.
- Identify the printer with the model name – HP DeskJet 4155e.
- Choose from the options available such as Open Queue, Manage and Remove Device.
- Select Manage and choose Set as Default.
- Restart the Windows 10 device and the printer will be back online.
Windows 7, 8
If the Windows 7 and 8 device is offline, follow the below guidelines to completely remove the issue and get the HP DeskJet 4155e back online.
- The HP DeskJet 4155e could have changed from being the default printer while using it.
- Click on the Windows icon, open Control Panel and select Drivers & Printers.
- Identity the printer – HP DeskJet 4155e and select it.
- If the printer is not highlighted then it indicates that it is not active.
- Select the printer and right-click it.
- Choose Set Default and take a test print to make sure the printer is back online.
The steps included here will assist in removing the HP DeskJet 4155e from an offline mode to an online more. Complete the steps as instructed below accurately to avoid further issues with the printer.
- Before proceeding with the steps, restart the HP DeskJet 4155e and give it a few minutes to remain idle.
- Restart the Mac device and the wifi router. This is to ensure that there is no issue with the device and the wifi router.
- Remove the power cord from the printer and give it a few minutes before connecting it back to a power supply.
- After 10 to 15 seconds, power up the printer by connecting it back to a power supply using the power cord.
- Once the printer, device and router are ready, choose the Apple icon and System Preference.
- Choose Printers and Scanners and open the print queue.
- If there is no printer available, this indicates a network issue.
- Connect the printer back to a network, add it to the Mac and make it the default printer.
- Take a test print to ensure the HP DeskJet 4155e is back online.
- If the problem still exits, uninstall and reinstall the HP Deksjet 4155e printer driver.
If the HP DeskJet 4155e printer is listed in the Printers & Scanners, then it indicated that it is connected to a network and is back online.
HP DeskJet 4155e Scanning Error
Some of the common issues that are causing a hindrance in using the scanner can be an issue with the software or an issue with the connection.
- Complete a few important checks before moving into the steps to make changes.
- Make sure the HP DeskJet 4155e printer is powered up.
- There should be an active connection. Check the wireless router and the strength of the connection.
- Ensure the Windows device is powered up and ready to connect.
- To identify if the issue is a wireless network issue, print a wireless network report.
- As the printer does not have a display, use the following steps below to download the test report.
- Press and hold the Wifi button and the ‘i’ button at the same time.
- This will cause the report to be printed. Reconnect the printer to the network if it is the issue and connect it back again.
Follow the steps to assist in removing any issue that is causing the scanner not to function. There are only two reasons why a scanner will fail to work. The issue will either be with the wireless network connection or with the software.
- Complete the steps below to complete a few checks and then implement changes.
- Turn of the device, the HP DeskJet 4155e and the wifi router.
- To turn off the printer, remove the power cord for the rear end of the printer and then from the power supply.
- Give it a few seconds to remain turned off and turn it back on again.
- Power up the Mac, the HP DeskJet 4155e and the wireless connection.
- Check if the HP DeskJet 4155e is connected to a wireless connection.
- Ensure the HP DeskJet 4155e printer driver is updated.
- Take a test scan to ensure the issue had been resolved.
Get in touch with our technical team when you face any issue with your new 123.hp.com/setup and installation. Contact us for assistance with downloading and installing printer drivers in a matter of minutes.
HP DeskJet 4155e Driver unavailable
To remove the issue of the driver remaining unavailable the driver will have to be installed and installed back again on the device. Following the HP DeskJet 4155e will have to be connected to the printer.
- With the HP DeskJet 4155e printer powered up, open the Programs.
- From the list choose HP Printers and select Uninstall.
- Open the Settings app on the Windows device and select Devices and Printers.
- From the list of printers available, locate HP DeskJet 4155e. It is on the list it has to be deleted.
- Right-click on HP DeskJet 4155e and select Delete.
- On the device, select the Windows key plus R to open the run command.
- Enter printui.exe /s and complete by clicking OK.
- Choose Drivers and then locate HP printer drivers.
- Click on Remove if the HP printer driver is visible.
- Make these changes and go over to close Devices and Printers.
- Move over to the HP support page and download the HP DeskJet 4155e printer driver.
- Connect the HP DeskJet 4155e and the device and as the final step, connect the HP DeskJet 4155e to a network.
- With this, the issue of the printer driver is unavailable will be removed.
HP DeskJet 4155e printer won’t connect to wifi
There are times the HP DeskJet 4155e printer will fail to connect to a wireless network. The steps that are to be followed to remove the steps are simple. The printer will begin functioning in no time if the steps are followed accurately.
- Complete checks before proceeding to make changes to the HP DeskJet 4155e.
- Power up the device and the HP DeskJet 4155e printer.
- Make sure the HP DeskJet 4155e and the device are connected to the same wireless network.
- Check if the wireless connections are free of any error.
- The connection should be active and stable.
- Check if the wifi router is compatible with the HP DeskJet 4155e.
- Try connecting the printer to another available network to check where the problem lies.
- Note that the printer, the router and the device should all be placed within close range.
- Remove the connection between the printer and the device and establish a connection once again.
- Use the WPS push button on the printer and the wifi router to connect the printer to the wireless network.
HP DeskJet 4155e print jobs stuck in queue
Windows 10 – Delete job files and restart
When print commands are sent to the printer there are times that issues can occur. This happens when documents become corrupt and this causes the whole problem to occur. Follow the instructions to make the changes.
- Before you make any changes make sure all files are saved and closed.
- Open the Service app on the device.
- To do this click Windows+S and type in service.msc.
- Choose the printer spooler and choose to Restart the Service.
- With this, the error will be removed and the printer will continue to work.
MAC – Restart the router and printer
Follow the steps mentioned below to provide guidance in removing the issues with the printer and the router.
- To restart the router, press and hold the power button that can be found on the rear end of the wireless router.
- When it turns off, unplug the routers power cord.
- For the HP DeskJet 4155e printer press and hold the power button.
- Within a few seconds, the HP DeskJet 4155e printer will be turned off.
- After a few seconds, connect the power cord and turn the printer and the device back on.
HP DeskJet 4155e printer can only print black
Check for driver issue
Here are the steps to check the issue of why the HP DeskJet 4155e printer can only print black.
- Take a test print to check if the issue prevails.
- One of the reasons that are causing the HP printer to only print in black is a driver issue.
- Check if the driver has to be updated. An outdated printer driver could be causing the issue.
- Update the printer driver at and check if the issue is resolved.
- Following this, if the issue prevails, then uninstall the printer driver.
- Go back to the HP support website, enter the details of the printer and complete the installation.
- Once the changes have been made to the driver, the printer will begin to function normally.