How To update HP Printer driver for Windows
For the efficient printer setup, let’s start with this blog. If you want to add your new HP printer to your home or a printer doesn’t support or not working- use the below-given guidelines.
Update HP Printer Drivers Using Device Manager
- Use the system’s Device Manager by opening the Run dialog box by pressing and holding the Windows key+ R key.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box and wait for the resultant page.
- Expand category Print Queues or Printer by selecting the navigation arrow to pick.
- Make use of the printer category, and right-click on the HP printer listed (if it’s not listed, use the HP Manual to locate how to find the printer not found or add manually).
- On the next page, use the Update Driver on the menu.
- Tap “Search automatically” for updated driver software.
- Note: If the driver is up-to-date, you will be getting the alert message stating “The best driver software for your device is already installed”. So, you can skip this process- update the HP print driver.
- Once the print driver is installed, try to restart the computer to ensure the update process on your system.
- Still, you face the same issue- use the next step below.
Download HP Printer Drivers (Manually)
- Before stepping into the manual printer driver update attempt, ensure the following keys like Product Name & Model ID, and OS type.
*Prior, to proceed with this step, try to switch your computer’s account to an administrator account. Make sure, you enter the proper Admin name and the password to access.
- Or else, you can visit the HP Support page to get adequate information regarding it.
- Stay active using the HP Support page and use the Printer Drivers section. After finding the proper section of the site, search using the printer keys.
- Wait until you find the printer driver page. Then, locate the correct driver install package for your Windows Operating system.
- You will be available with various options to download on these pages like Firmware, Software-ePrint, Utility-Diagnostic Tools, and finally some Driver packages (Full or Basic).
- Pick the desired HP Printer Driver to install the package to download on your Windows PC reference to the chosen printer model.
- After downloading the file, use the .exe on the system’s folder to open the HP driver file and right-click to run or double-click the file.
- Run the installation and find your printer and check for periodic updates.
HP Printer Driver Update automatically With Driver Support (Recommended)
- When you cannot fix the driver-related update process using the above two methods, you can try to update/fix it automatically with Driver Support.
- Driver Support can simply scan your computer to find any problem related to drivers on your computer. Or else, whether it’s related to your HP printer or any other needs.
- Start the process of updating the HP printer drivers automatically using the Premium version of Driver Support, and try to ensure and upgrade to premium as well.
Step 1. Download the Driver support and Install Driver Support.
Step 2. Then, allow the software to run the free scan and detect all your printer-related driver download issues and any other optimization or bugs.
Step 3. Finalize with the FIX IT button and register Driver Support to get initiated with updating your drivers for HP device drivers on your computer. This eventually helps you to down the registration direction.
If still, you are unable to make your HP Printer’s driver update- Call Our Technical Team for the instant guidance.