How to Get Your HP Printer Back Online?
HP printers are one of the excellent choices for all your printing needs. Along with this, these printers are good for scanning, copying, and faxing. These printers are popular because of their upgraded features and innovative technology.
However, sometimes you might come across certain problems with these printers. When it comes to problems, one of the most common problems is the HP printer becoming offline. The offline problem with the HP printers can occur due to several reasons.
When the printer shows an offline error, it indicates that the printer is not able to communicate with the preferred Windows or Mac computer. Now, you do not have to worry if you face this problem. Here, on this blog, we are explaining the standard HP printer support method.
First of all, let’s have a look at the reason behind the printer getting offline.
Why HP Printers are Getting Offline?
The printers show offline errors due to many reasons, but the common issue is with the network. When the printer shows an offline error, it indicates that you have connectivity problems. The wireless connectivity issues with the HP printers might occur because of multiple reasons. When you come across this process, follow the below-given HP printer support method.
How to Resolve the HP Printer Offline Problem?
Here are the simple steps for resolving the offline problem associated with the printers:
Step 1: Check the USB cables
- Unplug the USB cables from the HP printer and wall outlet.
- Check the cables properly and ensure they have no problems.
- Then, connect the one end of the USB cable to the printer port.
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the wall outlet.
- If in case the USB cables are having any problem, remove them.
- Then, get new USB cables and connect them to the printer & wall outlet.
Step 2: HP Print and Scan Doctor Setup
The simple HP printer support procedure for settings up HP Print and Scan Doctor on the computer is:
- Save the setup file of HP Print and Scan Doctor on the computer.
- Extract the setup file and follow the on-screen procedure.
- Install the software and open it on the computer.
- After that, run the HP Print and Scan Doctor on the computer.
- Click the Start button when the software opens.
- Choose your desired HP printer and finish the process.
- If your printer name is not in the displayed list, deactivate the printer.
- Then, activate it and retry adding the printer to the device.
- If the wizard pops to activate the printer updates, choose the option- Yes.
- Now, if the wizard asks to set your preferred HP printer as a default printing option, select- Yes.
- Finish the process and try printing with the printer.
Step 3: Manually Method
The manual method to bring back the offline HP printer to online is:
- Deactivate the printer and activate it after some time.
- Check and ensure that the printer is in connection with the computer.
- Power up the computer and choose the Start button.
- Then, select- Devices and Printers and you will see your printer name.
- Right-click on the preferred printer name and choose- See What’s Printing.
- Now, choose the Printer option and check whether the “Use Printer Offline” option has a tick mark.
- If the tick mark is there, remove it and choose the option- Use Printer Online.
If the HP printer is still not online, then go to the next step.
Step 4: Cancel pending print jobs
The procedure to cancel the pending print jobs is:
- Move on to the computer and choose the option- Start.
- Then, click on the Settings option and choose- Devices.
- Access the Printers and Scanners section and select- See what’s printing.
- Now, choose all the print jobs that are pending and delete them.
- After that, click on the option- Print and choose- Use Printer Online.
- Finally, restart the HP printer and start printing with it.
If the HP printer is still not becoming online, then continue to the next step.
Step 5: Set your HP printer as the Default option for printing manually
If you are using Windows 10 operating system, then follow the below HP printer support instructions for making your printer the default printing option manually.
- ON the computer and access the Devices section.
- Now, select the option- Printers and Scanners.
- Uncheck the box- Let Windows manage my default printer.
- Then, choose your desired printer name from the given printer list.
- Select the “Manage” button and click- Set as Default.
- Finally, try to print with the printer.
If you are having Windows 7 or 8 OS, then use the below procedure to make your desired printer the default option manually.
- Move on to the computer and go to the Devices section.
- Select the “Printers and Scanners” option and choose your printer name.
- Right-click on the printer name and make it your default printing option.
- Now, wait until the process gest over and print with your printer.
Still, if the printer is not online, move on to the next step.
Step 6: Uninstall the Device
The standard steps for uninstalling the printer from the computer are:
- Firstly, move on to the computer and access the Printers and Scanners section.
- Choose your printer from the displayed list and right-click on it.
- Then, choose the option- Remove Device and wait for the printer to remove from the computer.
- After that, restart the computer and choose the “Add a new printer” option.
- Finally, select your preferred printer, complete the process, and try printing.
If the HP printer is still not in online mode, then go to the next step.
Step 7: HP Printer Driver Reinstallation
The standard method for reinstalling the HP printer driver is:
- Access the computer and delete the printer driver from it.
- Then, search for the compatible HP printer driver.
- When you get the driver, download it on the computer.
- Run the driver setup file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Finish the driver installation and try to print with the printer.
Still, if the HP printer is in offline mode, call our HP printer support experts.
HP printer offline problem can be easily solved using the methods explained above. However, if in case, you are unable to resolve the problem or have any queries regarding the above method, call us. Our technicians will provide you with instant technical HP printer support team.